You must obey all traffic laws.
Important things to remember while riding with Spin.
- City ordinance prohibits operating the device on sidewalks.
- NC law requires persons operating the device to follow applicable traffic laws.
- Persons operating motorized scooters must be at least 16 years old and wear a helmet.
- Operating electric assisted bicycles and motorized scooters is prohibited on greenway trails.
In general, you can park the bike wherever you'd like as long as it is parked responsibly. Please follow these guidelines below to park your bike.
- Scooters shall not be parked in a way that impedes the regular flow of travel in the public way
- Scooters shall be upright when parked.
Along with the general parking guidelines stated above, Spin users in Duke must abide by these specific parking guidelines as well.
- All bicycles on Duke’s campus must be parked upright at the designated bike rack areas. Bicycles are not allowed to be left at a location other than
a bike rack.
- Bicycles are never allowed to be parked inside any building on campus or near any campus landmarks or monuments.