We are pleased to offer a new take on scooters through a first-of-its-kind Adaptive Scooter Program with the San Francisco Municipal Transportation Authority! During this program, we plan to expand the products we offer for rental to reach a wider audience in the city.
Spin is offering short-term rentals of seated devices to meet the needs of community members who are not comfortable using Spin’s 2-wheeled standing scooters. Spin's adaptive devices are designed to be stood or sat upon, depending on the user’s needs.
Interested users can request an adaptive scooter in the following ways:
- By Webform
- Through Spin’s Customer Support (click on the Spin logo in the bottom right corner of your app!).
- Calling Spin’s Customer Support Team phone line: (888) 262-5189
- Emailing email@example.com
Requests should be made at least 2 hours in advance of your intended rental time. Rentals are subject to availability of the devices.
Spin will deliver an adaptive device directly to you. Please include your address and delivery information when reserving the device through the webform or when contacting Spin’s Customer Support Team.
Spin’s adaptive scooters can be rented 7 days per week, 8am-6pm PT. All devices must be returned by 6pm PT.
Spin’s adaptive scooter rentals are FREE and are offered on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- After reserving an adaptive device through one of the methods mentioned above, you will receive a confirmation email for your upcoming rental. If you do not receive an email within an hour of making your reservation or if you have any issues, please contact us via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (888) 262-5189.
- Before your reservation, be sure to install the Spin app for either iPhone or Android. Links to the app are included in the confirmation email.
- Non-smartphone users: If you do not have a smartphone or if you have trouble downloading the app, please reach out to Spin’s Customer Support Team.
You must acknowledge that you have read and agree to these terms prior to your rental.
Adaptive scooters will not be available for rent during inclement weather, including rain, snow, heavy fog, high winds, or high or low temperatures. Your reservation may be cancelled or rescheduled in the case of inclement weather.
Our adaptive devices meet the definition of "electrically motorized boards" under California Vehicle Code 313.5. When ridden on sidewalks, please ensure you reduce speed to less than 5 miles per hour and yield the right-of-way to pedestrians at all times.
When operating on the sidewalk or near pedestrians, you must at all times yield to pedestrian traffic.
Failure to abide by any of the above rules may lead to account suspension, or termination.