We are pleased to offer adaptive scooters, including seated scooters, in Chicago! Adaptive devices are intended to provide options for individuals who are either unable to or are not comfortable using our 2-wheeled standing scooters. Spin is continuing to develop this program with our city and community stakeholders to ensure our devices meet the needs of all our riders.
Interested users can request an adaptive scooter in the following ways:
- Through our in-app Customer Support team (click on the Spin logo in the bottom right corner of your app)
- By emailing firstname.lastname@example.org (make sure to include the city you’re in!)
Requests should be made at least 24 hours in advance of your intended rental time. Reservations are made according to device availability.
Our adaptive scooters are rentable in Chicago from this address:
1936 W. 17th Street
Chicago, IL 60608
Spin’s seated scooters can be rented Monday through Saturday between the hours of 9:00 AM and 5:30 PM. All devices must be returned by 5:30 PM.
Once your request is submitted, you will receive an email confirming the details of your rental. Please contact us with questions or concerns at email@example.com or at (888) 262-5189.
Remember to install the Spin app for iPhone or Android prior to your reservation. Links to the download pages can also be found in the reservation email. No smartphone? Having trouble downloading the app? Reach out to our Support team!
Please abide by the following rules of the road:
- Follow your city’s sidewalk riding guidelines and ride wherever is legal and safest.
- Always yield to pedestrians.
- Adaptive devices should not be utilized during poor weather conditions. Your reservation may be cancelled or rescheduled in the case of inclement weather.
Failure to abide by any of the above rules may lead to account suspension, or termination.
Enjoy the ride!